Have you ever had a dream of starting a new business, or service, or something you can offer to make a difference to those around you, but you haven’t take action because of self doubt, or because you don’t know where to begin, or other limiting thoughts?
Nic Marchesi and his mate Lucas Patchett, age the of just 20, turned a simple idea, a van, a couple of washing machines and dryers into the every growing organisation that Orange Sky is today.
Orange Sky now offers 26 services across the country, which includes the addition of shower services and remote vehicles. Each week, these vans generate 8.53 tonnes of laundry and provide 95 showers to people in need. Most importantly though, Orange Sky volunteers have engaged in 124,052 hours of conversations to date, helping to challenge the perception of homelessness and positively connect communities all around Australia.
For their work in the community, Nic and Lucas are recipients of a young Australian of the year award.
During this chat, Nic dives into the power of sharing your dream and purpose, the importance of having the audacity to take action, how to deal with self doubt, and much much more.
By the way, for some reason, the sound quality isn’t that great with this episode, but we did our best to make it better so that you can still hear the incredible value that Nic has to share.
Nic dives into:
- Where Nick caught the want and drive to make a difference.
- The importance of sharing your dream and your purpose
- What gave Nick and Lucas the audacity to take action.
- How being open to change was key in helping Orange Sky become what it is today
- The importance of a strong mission and vision
- How Nick deals with self doubt
- Nick’s advice for someone who has a dream about making a difference
- The difference made by receiving the young Australian of the year award
- Spreading vision and creating strong branding through conversation
- How to stay present in the ups and downs of business and daily life
Nic's challenge for the week: curiosity. Challenge yourself to learn something new or become more informed on something
You can contact Nic and Orange Sky at https://orangesky.org.au and on instagram @orangeskyau.
You can follow me on Instagram at @davejorna and @dolifebetterpodcast. To contact us about retreats, leadership training and workshops visit www.projecthatch.com.au or email us at email@example.com.
Remember to subscribe to, rate and review the podcast to help spread the do life better message.
Now, go out and create a great day.