What does a good, full life look like to you?
There are specific things you can do to create this a reality.
In this episode Dr John Barletta and I chat about the following:
- We can deliberately create and embrace opportunities so we can have a good, full life.
- Flourish by using PERMA(H):
- Positive emotions: deliberately find activities that provide positive emotions
- Engagement: find a space where you can get in the zone to experience flow
- Relationships: positive connections with other people
- Meaning: the deeper purpose and goal behind why do I do the things that I do in my life?
- sense of Accomplishment or Achievement: move forward with endeavours big and small to gain a sense of mastering in your life
- Health: what I am doing to look after my mind and body, such as exercise, nutrition, and mindfulness
- Relationships are critical for flourishing
The challenge: take the VIA strengths survey online at https://www.viacharacter.org/www/, find out your top 5 strengths and think about how you use them, or could use them, to fulfil your goals in your life.
Dr John Barletta is a Counselling and Clinical Psychologist in Brisbane who promotes healthy living via integrated positive psychology principles. His expertise includes therapy, workshops, keynotes, medico-legal and psychological assessments, corporate consulting, executive coaching, mediation, and clinical supervision.
You can follow me on Instagram at @davejorna and @dolifebetterpodcast. To contact us about retreats, leadership training and workshops,
visit www.projecthatch.com.au or email us at email@example.com.
Remember to subscribe to, rate and review the podcast to help spread the do life better message.
Now, go out and create a great day.