What does a good, full life look like to you?
There are specific things you can do to create this a reality.
In this episode Dr John Barletta and I chat about the following:
- We can deliberately create and embrace opportunities so we can have a good, full life.
- Flourish by using PERMA(H):
- Positive emotions: deliberately find activities that provide positive emotions
- Engagement: find a space where you can get in the zone to experience flow
- Relationships: positive connections with other people
- Meaning: the deeper purpose and goal behind why do I do the things that I do in my life?
- sense of Accomplishment or Achievement: move forward with endeavours big and small to gain a sense of mastering in your life
- Health: what I am doing to look after my mind and body, such as exercise, nutrition, and mindfulness
- Relationships are critical for flourishing
The challenge: take the VIA strengths survey online at https://www.viacharacter.org/www/, find out your top 5 strengths and think about how you use them, or could use them, to fulfil your goals in your life.
Dr John Barletta is a Counselling and Clinical Psychologist in Brisbane who promotes healthy living via integrated positive psychology principles. His expertise includes therapy, workshops, keynotes, medico-legal and psychological assessments, corporate consulting, executive coaching, mediation, and clinical supervision.
Remember to subscribe to, rate and review the podcast to help spread the do life better message.
Now, go out and create a great day.